kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-12-10, 23:45

Andor

The Bad Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Tell me more about this Boba Gett!

And I'm gonna go ahead and pat my own back, because I called that Ahsoka series dead on! No way in hell they brought that character into The Mandalorian (and Rosario Dawson) for a single, one-off shot. No. Way!

Meeza so happyday!

Jar Jar and the Little Droid That Couldn't coming 2022.

Well, in all honesty, I'm happiest about the Ahsoka series, followed by Obi Wan (very closely), Rogue Squadron, Andor, and then the animated stuff. Disney has racked up 87 million subscribers at $5/month, which is closing in on $500million/month. And I can pretty much guarantee you that most of that money is coming from—and going back to—Star Wars fans.

Judging from fan reaction to The Mandalorian, Disney also knows what to do to keep that money rolling in: Make compelling, well-written Star Wars Stories that combine elements of the OT and brand new characters.

Oh, and Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader. Hmmm. At first I didn't like the idea, but the more I think about it the more it actually makes sense. Hopefully he's matured enough and studied the role enough that he can make it work. There is one thing I can say about him: he does work well (choreographically speaking) with Ewan McGregor, understands the work involved in preparation, and gets the whole light saber thing. Considering he'll be buried in a black suit (except when he's bathing in goo) I think it might just work out. And, it will be familiar. The part fits, if he has his acting chops a bit more polished. Plus, we won't have to see yet another new face on an established character. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt—George "Faster and More Intense" Lucas isn't directing, and that may make all the difference in the world. Let's see how it goes.

As for that Rogue Squadron thing, wow, that might be the best teaser video anyone has ever shot, like, EVER! I smell dead tie fighters.

From StarWars.com:

Quote:
After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.
The right people are doing Ahsoka! Did I say that right?

Then there's Lando and Rangers of the New Republic. This whole thing is just gigantic! And with north of $450million per month, I'm guessing they aren't finished. The next two years will be the biggest in Star Wars history in terms of universe expansion. And with Filoni and Favreau involved in almost all of it, the direction is looking good indeed!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-12-11 at 00:17.