View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2018-02-19, 00:33

I started this thread because I was a little jaded by the lack of local iTunes support, but that was premature. Our testing shows that it works with Airplay just fine; that Siri searches through an Airplay library just fine; is mostly accurate; and the fool thing sounds amazing, no matter where it rests—and no matter what angle you listen from.

Remember, folks, the Apple iPod HiFi was $349 and it sucked. This thing is $349 and is awesome. If you want a really good speaker for your iTunes crap, go get one. If you want a box that listens to everything you say, collects as much personal information as it can, then delivers that information to a crooked company that will sell that data to the highest bidder so you can be more accurately targeted by ads, then go buy an Alexa or a Google [whatever they call it today] thing.

If you want (or expect) it to be anything more than a really good speaker, you will be disappointed.

Edit: I can't say many good things about Siri, but as a music player it works just fine.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)