View Single Post
Perfecting_Zero

2007-08-08, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodari View Post
What comes to my mind is lock pedals+shoes, biking shorts and top, and maybe narrower tires if this bike can use them. Suggestions? In what order would you guys do improvements in this position?
Since DG gave solid advice on everything else, I'll just speak to the cycling-specific clothing that you mentioned. I totally endorse it! I ride, typically, 35 miles/day, and the lycra bib-shorts that I wear make a HUGE difference in my comfort. My favorite pair of bib-shorts are the "Cannondale Carbon." I like the bib-style of riding pant because they stay in place without needing to pull and tug at them throughout the ride. I ride without a top most of the time. For me, the only disadvantage of that is that I loose out on the rear sewn-in pockets that are standard on most riding jerseys. But, if I know that I'll be riding after dark, then I'll throw on a bright yellow cycling shirt -- for the added visibility.

In a lycra cycling short, just make sure that the seams of the chamois are finished and molded (as though "seamless") to the lycra. Given that these things can cost well over one-hundred dollars, you'd think that their quality would be uniformly excellent -- but this is not the case.

And on the topic of clipless pedals/shoes, I am still riding (and kicking people's ass) on platform pedals! @ DG.

Hope some of this helps!

Cheers!

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin