View Single Post
beardedmacuser

2007-09-03, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
About halfway there, I was cycling along enjoying the bike again, when I got to a part where the road narrowed. As I went through it, some damn stupid woman in a blue Punto decided that she couldn't wait the extra 2 seconds and had to go through the narrow part at the same time - and clipped me with her bleedin' wing mirror while doing about 30 miles an hour! I didn't come off, but it sent me flying and I nearly went under the car behind her. And the bitch then just drove off! Fucking hit and run! I didn't get her registration because by the time I thought of it, she was gone.
Bitch. Last time a woman did that to me she lost her wing mirror. In fact, if I remember correctly I think it was a blue Punto too! (or maybe a blue Polo?) But most of the time a simple sideways slap of the offending wing mirror will cause the driver to take notice, but if they've seriously endangered your safety then a hard vertically-struck fist will take the wing mirror off surprisingly often. Just make sure you do it in traffic so there's no chance they'll catch you up and run you off the road. That happened to me once, I won't make that mistake again...