View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-06-16, 21:50

Not aiming for a win as much as to share a new interest (and to bump the thread).

About thirty years overdue, last month I finally played my first ever game of D&D with some awesome coworkers. I went in totally cold having only the most basic idea of how to play, but I left feeling great and confident. The DM loaned me his For Dummies book so I could get a better feel for the rules, and I've been absorbing it over the past week.

Today I went and bought my own dice! I only got exactly what my current character needs, but I'm sure I'll add to the collection later. The brown/black dice are my main ones; my PC's basic melee attacks deal 2d6+4 of damage. The two extra red/green ones are for when my PC goes into a blood rage to deal 4d6+4 damage, and the d8 is for his per-encounter action that deals a whopping 4d6+1d8+4. I'm considering using the small Nerf Dart bag to hold them for now, but Wifey may be knitting/sewing me a more appropriate satchel later.

Game Two is next week and I aim to be ready for it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.