View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-03-18, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
So I'm supposed to wait for the Rev. B iPhone, but I'm not supposed to wait for the Rev. B iPhone?
No. You're supposed to buy another phone for the meantime if you really need one.

Quote:
Yeah, but the original iPod came out over five years ago. I really don't want to wait five years to buy an iPhone.
Nah, not five years. Within even just a year, the iPhone will already be a heck of a lot better. Not just because of improved specs and removed bugs, but also because an ecosystem will have started to appear. Third-party accessories and software.

Quote:
Apple says the price is $499/$599 with a two year contract. I'm only assuming the "full price" will be higher.
Yup.

Lots. I'm an internet addict...

Quote:
Oh, and I probably should have mentioned it in my original post, but I currently do not have any sort of portable music player whatsoever. Like, not even a CD player. So I'm kinda looking to get one of those, and I'd rather not wait until next year.
Fair enough, but I wouldn't base a cellphone purchase decision on your music playback needs.

Quote:
I'm leaning towards getting the iPhone this June. Using a Mac has taught me to value interface over raw specs. All the 3G data in the world won't help me if the browser is a pain in the ass to use.
Sure. Just giving some pointers in the right direction. It'll be a great device, but you'll inevitably deal with some early problems.