View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2007-03-19, 00:18

Dude.. Whilst chucker has some valid points, with all due respect to chucker, he has not really factored in the emotions into this equation...

If you want one, then buy one! It has more than enough connectivity for most situations already. And if you are somewhere where they don't have Wifi and stuff kicking around then the mobile internet connection is probably going to be very slow anyway - regardless of the technology the phone uses!

I got a treo 650 sometime ago to fill the gap until the iPhone showed up. There is nothing wrong with it, but it will be in a drawer somewhere the first day the iPhone is available to me. Just as the rev A iPhone will be in another drawer when then next major upgrade to the iPhone comes out..

Put it this way.. I constantly adopt first gen Apple products and have never had any issues with them. I have a Rev A 17"PBG4, and a Rev A Dual G5, and a Rev A MBP17". Not had an issue with any of them. I like having the newest thing out of the box, and don't mind about the premium. Heck, I buy most of my stuff outside the US so pay top dollar anyway!

[Also do note that sometimes they *take away* features on some Rev B stuff]

You can always wait for something better, and it's not bad advice.. But you could end up waiting forever....

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt