View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-01-07, 16:31

If she wants a keyboard, as Luca suggests, the Droid 2 Global (slider) or Droid Pro (BlackBerry-style) would be the ones to get. Both run Android and are made by Motorola.

The Pre has a really nice portrait slider form factor. I just love that design, and I still sort of prefer HP/Palm's webOS to Android, but I wouldn't advise anyone to buy into it right now, even after the new webOS phones that will be announced in early February (at the very least, the Pre 2 is Verizon-bound) are out. When you buy a smartphone you're really buying into a platform, and I'm not sure webOS has good long-term prospects.

In some ways, I prefer Windows Phone 7 to Android, but even though the HTC Trophy could be hitting Verizon very soon, I'd take a wait-and-see approach there, too. Unless she really likes Xbox.

BlackBerries are right out.

But to be honest, the iPhone is the easiest to use smartphone. It's even easier than webOS. So, find out what she has against the iPhone.

It's hard, because Android is really the only other platform I'd recommend to anyone at this point, but it's not at all for people who find the iPhone too hard to use.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong