View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-01-07, 16:53

Exactly. That's what I was telling her. She specifically mentioned that the other day, but I told her "it's not as friendly as the iPhone".

I did get her, via text about five minutes ago, to say she was "constantly charging" her old iPhone (like twice a day).

She didn't go into much more detail, but if she was playing games, or had some background(?) thing running, maybe that was her beef? I told her that this iPhone 4 I've had for nearly three months is the best thing ever, and that it goes all day like a champ.

Yeah, I'm seeing her tomorrow and much of the day, so I'll be in a position to a) find out more of her gripes (real or imagined), b) convince her that quite a bit has changed from the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4 and c) that iOS, for someone like her, is heads-and-shoulders above this other stuff, in terms of not being a pain-in-her-ass 24/7, or needlessly confusing/complex for someone with her modest needs.

And if she gets an iPhone, I'm much more in a position to help her out/answer her questions, recommend apps, have a local FaceTime buddy, etc.

I don't think, ultimately, she'll be happy with all those other things. I'll just have to make tomorrow a big iPhone kinda day. Let her play with mine a bit.

And then show her my iPhone to check out.

See what I did there?