View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2011-06-03, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
You, sir, have a badass name.
... BWAHAHAHAHAHA, er, thank you? That may be the first time I've ever been told *that*...

Quote:
And thank god someone is making an earnest effort to replace GoF because I did not enjoy that textbook one bit.
Oh no, sorry, this doesn't replace GoF, but it does give a better *introduction* to design patterns. If this is the freshman text, GoF is the junior level class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
But Goblet of Fire was the turning point of the whole series!

OH.

Congrats, Kick! And yes, you do have a cool name. It's no Benedict Cumberbatch, but it's pretty cool.
That guy has the best name *EVER*. If I saw it in a book, I'd scoff at it being too perfect to be real.

Quote:
Do you really go by "McC."? I've never seen anyone do that before, except I guess McG, the director. But I don't actually know a lot of McPeople.

*way too interested in people's names*
Yup. The proper abbreviation of McXxxxxx is McX. If you abbreviated them just M., most of Scotland would be in one letter in the database. So the Mc is sort of ignored for abbreviation purposes. My middle name is McColm, and I am utterly unfindable as 'Jason Smith' online (even got quoted in a WSJ article on it!), so I use "Jason McC. Smith" for publications. It's google-unique.