Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2009-12-03, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretara View Post
...a black 1996 Mazda 323. It had one option: A/C and looked like this:
Typo. You mean 1986, of course. My wife had that when we first started dating, except in pale blue.

After we were married, she was living in Montreal and I was still in Ottawa much of the time, driving back and forth. After the GLC broke down in 1993 in -30C very early one morning on that Montreal-Ottawa highway (and I had to hike 30 minutes over a snowy field to use a phone at a pig farm), we decided we needed something newer, so we bought a used 1991 Ford Taurus (file photo):

We drove that car into the ground - with a new transmission and some rust repairs we were able to get over 300,000 km out of it. That old Vulcan engine never needed to be touched. We replaced it with a silver 2000 Taurus (file photo), our first new car:

We also put a lot of kms on that, with no real problems. Again, that engine was almost like a sealed unit; never need anything but the occasional oil change. We replaced it with our current car, a 2008 Subaru Legacy Wagon (again, file photo):

None of these cars are all that exciting, but I've never been that much of a car fan. Cars are mostly a get from A to Z proposition for me.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.

Last edited by Chinney : 2009-12-03 at 21:55.