Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-01-08, 05:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsdirect
Please don't mock the afflicted

Chris
Sorry mate. Welcome to AN.

I have not even got up to speed on whether there is a broadcast yet...

Is there going to be one, anyone?

I am guessing you want to have it automatically download so you don't have to wait for it to download when you get home?

You will probably find that the chances of leaving a machine to do that without supervision with the amount of people trying to view the web cast / download the movie is *zilch*. It's gonna time out, especially on us non-US based Mac people...

The new quicktime streaming video is pretty good to be honest, so by the time you get home, assuming that Apple has put it up online, then I would guess starting it, pausing the movie, and then making a cup of coffee, will probably mean that it's pretty much ready to go when you get back from making said cup of coffee... You may get a few pauses here and there..

That's assuming you have a decent connection.
Mine is pretty slow for adsl in Thailand, and that's pretty much what I do anyway..

With regards to avoiding the news... If that's what you mean. Do what I do when I am out and about on a Sunday and F1 is on. Go "LALALALLALALLALALA" whenever anyone talks to you, and avoid tvs and newspapers!

Does that answer your question?

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt