Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-09-20, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
And I'm not trying to broad-brush here, but...well, at the two Walmart stores closest to me, they damn well better put the Edition under about 8" of Plexiglass with a cannon guarding it. The phrase "low-rent shithole, full of people auditioning for guest roles on Cops" springs to mind. Every time I go there, there's a police car outside, and the officer is inside talking to someone (customer, employee, manager, etc.). You put those things into Walmart at your own risk, Apple.
Briefly off-topic of the Apple Watch, but lest anyone thinks I was exaggerating for effect (or doing schtick)...

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/9/1...nway-View.aspx

Off-topic (click to toggle):
"Where is 490 Greenway View Drive", you ask? Why, it's only the address of the very Walmart I talk about above. Even freakier, if you note the time-stamp of my original post, you'll see it was around 9:15pm Wesnesday night. According to the above story, this assault took place at 9:35pm.

Unfortunately, real life decided to back me up/prove my point, a mere 15-20 minutes after me making the above comments.

While I've heard of shoplifting, employee assaults, muggings, confrontations, robberies, fights, vandalism, etc. at this particular location for years, this is, by far, the most serious crime I've heard taking place there. I never go there after dark (nobody with any sense does), but it's getting to where even going during the daytime can a dice-roll. Walmart should just nuke it from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.