View Single Post
Is it 1981?

2006-03-24, 22:00

A few years ago I applied some custom icons that were inspired by the then-just-released G5 systems using CandyBar - and very nice they were too. But recently I decided to revert most of my icons back to the original Mac OS X ones (even to the point where my desktop background is no longer a randomly changing set of photos but the standard Aqua wallpaper from Tiger).

But there's one thing I really don't like - the 'new' Finder icon which I believe was changed in Panther? It looks too glossy and 'slippery' for my liking - plus it's a looks a lot more square than it used to be. Yuck.

Here's the two icons for your perusal:

Does anyone have the 'original' Finder icon to hand they could spare me? I'd love to be able to use that instead of the current one. I did a search beforehand and didn't find anything (well there was the thread Brad posted that had a high-res 'new' Finder icon) and I hope this doesn't breach the posting guidelines (pirated software or something, I dunno haha) - but if it does, then feel free to put the dancing padlock to use.