View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2020-12-20, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
What are your values?
Your review basically said they sound the same and are heavier and the case is lazy design on Apple’s part.
They do sound better than the QC35’s. I obviously did not compare them to the XM4’s or the Bose 700’s since I do not have them.

Yes they are heavier, but again before I put on the QC35’s making me realize the difference, the weight isn’t offensive for me at least. It’s comfortable. I played with them for about 30-40 minutes and felt no fatigue from wearing them before I went to the QC35’s. I will add on.... This is either sitting or standing. After I made that post( which is a more of a quick first impressions than “review”) went to lay down in bed and they do become uncomfortable due to the weight. It feels like they are pulling on my ears wanting to fall off sort of speak.

Yes the case is lazy design. The fact the Max’s go in and out of them easily is their only positive thing they have going for them. Hence why that is the only aspect I talked about. I didn’t think it was necessary to join in on the bashing. It’s well established the case is not well thought out.

I focused on sound quality in my first impression because that is what headphones are about. Doesn’t matter how good the ANC is if sound quality is crap. The AirPods Max ANC is a crap ton better than the QC35’s. The QC35’s obviously lack transparency mode which is freaking amazing on the AirPods. The ear cushions are super comfy on my ears. I love how easy it is to replace the ear cushions on the AirPods. It makes sharing the Max’s a breeze if you care about them being on others peoples ears. Each person can have their own cushion and when they use them, can just pop yours off and theirs on. Though I don’t intend to share my Max’s( but am bothered by headphones being on others peoples ears). Build quality is bar none.

Look I knew by posting my first impression would draw some “controversy” since I know the reaction these things have garnered since announced. But I felt I should at least post a perspective from someone who actually used them. I obviously don’t have the ability to compare them to their more direct competitors since yeah pandemic going on unless I went and bought all 3 and then return 2( which I’m not a fan of). But I like them and will be keeping them.

giggity

Last edited by Quagmire : 2020-12-20 at 08:44.