View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-04-25, 13:08

Some of my concerns are as an employee. Musk's other companies pay far less than Twitter, have far worse work-life balance, don't allow remote work and a host of other policies that are far less generous than Twitter's. If we end up with an equity comp plan anything like Tesla or SpaceX, I'll be looking at a 50% pay cut. Which is to say I'll leave for another company that pays what I make now—Twitter already pays below market compared to our peer companies and I'll probably get a nice raise when I jump ship.

Others are as someone who has serious concerns over his ownership of the platform. This creates another Zuckerberg-like situation where one person has total control for life. I don't think that's a good thing.

He also clearly has zero understanding of what it takes to operate this product at global scale. Content moderation is a hell of a lot more complicated than "just allow free speech". His interview at TED last week made clear that his thoughts on the subject are naive at best.

He's also someone who has no respect for free speech. Tesla leaned on the Chinese government to get posts critical of the company removed from Chinese social media. Will he demand the same of Twitter? He once swatted a Tesla employee who whistleblew to the feds. Will he do the same to us?