Thread: Apple and Tesla
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-05-06, 12:19

I actually agree with this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
nice to see some life and meaningful discussion come back to this place :-)
But a few posts later, I felt the thread kind of devolved into a "you can either love or hate Tesla" discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
BU -- you are clearly a fan of Musk/Tesla, there's no shame in that... fanboy isn't even much of a pejorative these days.
Well, pejorative or not, I did feel some posts in this thread were like the occasional Gruber article where Apple is great and can do no wrong, only now it's about Tesla. My gut reaction was a three-word response. A quarter hour later, that felt bad. I can respect that that's not enough.

Two years ago, I would've agreed that Tesla's future was rosy. These days, my impression isn't quite as positive. Even back then, though, I wasn't convinced Apple should have outright bought them.

(I'm also not a car nerd. Not to mention that, climate-wise, we'd be even better off with fewer cars than with electric cars.)