View Single Post
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-12-03, 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Plus, we're really only getting started on community infrastructure. Eventually there will be roads and subways (and possibly skywalks?) connecting the two areas together. The mob trap is key, and now there's a comm exchange, so maybe the next thing that needs to be built in that area is a subway station. I think the skywalks helped expansion and pulled the areas together in BP immensely, so once we get the subway going I can see a little more cohesiveness happening.
Exactly.

Quote:
I don't really believe we have a world without snow, though it looks like it's a ways away. I'd suggest to those who really want to build in a snowy biome to load the world up in creative mode (seed: 1664852336) and do some exploration without bloating our SMP world. Once we have coords we can built a path in the Nether, but make it clear that connecting the area in the overworld is a no-no.
I've been mucking around doing just this on my machine. The world bloat is out of control to try and find the snow 5000 light years away from everything else. Hopefully we can find some, but I'm resigned to the fact that we may not have it.

I secretly holding out for the longshot of some smart guy to develop a world edit function that allows for the complete cloning of chunks with biome data from one map to the next. Then we can pull snowy regions from BP and drop them in a largely useless expanse of ocean near the settlements we have.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.