View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-02-05, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
I think only the hard-core partisan jack-asses are fighting this one. The more moderate republicans seem to be falling in line and maybe just asking for moderate cut-backs in a few areas based on what I'm reading. Hopefully the far left and far right keep their mouths shut and their noses to the grindstone for the next year or so and let the people who want to work together to get stuff done, work....

I don't see how you can possibly say that assuming you have actually read a decent amount about the stimulus package.

I have to say that I am very surprised (and disappointed) by the stimulus package presented by Obama. I really do have to take the side that this is not the path I had seen Obama taking and I really don't think it is Change or anything.... the package is fool off pet projects and agendas and earmarks, and I can't see how Obama is honestly denying that and actually getting worked up about criticism and attacks on the plan. It is a shitty rushed proposal that has not been well thought out, has not reflected the advice of a wide range of people, and has no guarantee of working or even moderate success.

This is an incredibly large package, and an incredible amount of money. Obama argues the economy is getting worse and worse everyday and that we need to act now rather than later, but honestly.... this has been in the work for quite some time now, and has been being debated for 3 weeks now... they just are not working efficiently. Time is not an excuse. Imposing stupid meaningless deadlines such as president's day (simply so everyone can take their vacations) is not appropriate.

For his first few weeks in office, Obama has made some really questionable decisions and has not lead in a manner that I expected.