View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-02-06, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
So, instead of broad sweeping accusations, please tell us where the pork is? What appropriations in the bill do you consider "pork", and what percentage of the total package do those amount to? Moreover, what is your idea of a better alternative to stimulus? Or do you think the government should Hoover and do-nothing us through it?
Man, can we please not get into this common internet message board approach to a discussion where you blindly accept something, someone suggests more thought needs to be put into it, and then you, in an attempt to "strengthen" your position, just say, well, you do all the research, you list everything out for me, and then maybe I'll see what you mean. Because I could easily say to you please provide me with the dollars spent, what programs will be getting it, how those programs will stimulate the economy, how much will they stimulate the economy, what kind of return will they provide, and how long will this stimulus take to begin paying off the national debt. Get on it.

And you are really arguing shockingly like a Republican of the past 8 years.... repeat after me, "I am not against the stimulus", I am against this massive unproven and unfocused package. I don't think everything needs to be included in a single package. I think our elected officials have the responsibility to do exactly what Obama said he would do upon election, go through with a fine tooth comb over every policy, agency and piece of legislation and cut what isn't working and what won't work. I'm not convinced that was done here at all, and if you have watched Obama's recent interviews, even he has acknowledged that the stimulus isn't exactly what he had originally anticipated.