View Single Post
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2009-02-12, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
But here's a question, what if I were to sign up...and I had no followers? Or even worse, I immediately developed lots. Sounds kind of creepy...like being stalked.
There's so many weird "internet marketers" who auto follow people, you're bound to have people following you. Filthy spammers. But like everyone has said, it's whatever you want it to be.

I really like it because it's a means of communication with bloggers I like and a way to read some really funny short quips from people. I'm not into the whole "I'm in the shower", "I'm going for a run" updates, because no one wants to know what I'm doing all the time and I don't want to know what you're doing all the time. But if you're interesting and have interesting things to say, I follow you. I guess it's the same idea with why I subscribe to certain RSS feeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swox View Post
I don't know anyone on this planet who's twitter I'd read. I really don't understand the young folks anymore... which is sad because I'm not thirty yet! It's probably good though.
Funny you say that. Just today I came up with a list of people I wish were on Twitter so I could follow them. When I joined it sometime last year I did so to see what the buzz was all about. I've got to say it's pretty addicting.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter