View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-21, 17:27

I've been thinking hard about my position on this COVID-19 thing, and I still haven't formulated all my thoughts. However, I do have some things I would like to say to my beloved AppleNova community:

- Please take care out there. Be safe, watch out for your families and your communities, and don't do anything rash.
- Please don't hoard. There are people in need of basic supplies such as TP and such, as well as basic foodstuffs. Hoarding causes undo suffering. In times like this, it is truly best to buy only what you need.
- Be patient and kind. Others are going through the same thing, and many have it a lot worse.
- It is not the end of the world. We will get through this.
- Try and maintain a good sense of humor. Laugh when you can, smile a lot, let everyone around you know that we are strong.
- Cooperate with the authorities. Don't be a jerk.
- If you see someone truly in need, please try to help them.
- When at all possible, please support your local businesses. They need us right now. Online will be there tomorrow, but your local hangout may be gone.

I've been a member of this community for almost 16 years, and I love you guys. Our arguments and debates demonstrate that we are a community of caring individuals who actually give a crap, regardless our differences. Take care everyone, and don't give up on AN. If nothing else, we are here to talk and share our life's stories. Don't forsake that.

P.S. I'm sticking this thread until the danger has passed, and I've renamed it so that it reflects reality.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)