Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-01-10, 16:54

I'm a bit peculiar about my eyes because they've been poor since childhood. I use primarily two sets of glasses. One set transitions from clear to dark grey when exposed to UV. I wear these a lot around the house and outdoors, but they are not effective in the car because the car's glass blocks the UV light that triggers the photochromic reaction to darken the lenses. I don't have clip-ons for these.

I keep another set of glasses (different style) with plain clear lenses. This set comes with magnetic clip-ons which I keep in my sun visor. I alternate which glasses I wear at different times of the day depending on what I'm doing, so sometimes I'm not wearing the set which takes clips. I'll tend to switch to the plain glasses when outside doing something photographic - doesn't mess with my perception of lighting - and I would make sure to put them on especially during the winter commute home (which hasn't happened in nearly two years now) but which tended to put the setting sun in my eyes...

It's all a bit too nitpickity I realize. I may just throw one of those Asian sunvisor/face-cover contraptions in my car and abandon any pretense of style I have left... or those giant-ass senior citizen overmolded glasses you get at the truck stops... LOL.