View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-06, 14:11

When I kept hearing about how the Air was going to lose that wedge/tape, I just thought it would get thicker-looking, like those new MacBook Pros (without that chamfer(?) no longer making them appear think from certain angles.

But these new Airs are really sleek. With the overall thinness and the squared-off edges, they remind me of the Titanium PowerBook G4. They look really sharp, I have to say!

Yeah, that new Midnight color does look great. Different enough to not be the same ol' thing (silver, etc.), but in no way loud or gaudy or something you'd be hesitant to pull out around others. Impressive.

If I ever got one, I think it would be a toss-up between midnight and starlight (and a matching SE). I'd give the silver aluminum a rest, after 18+ years...that's all I've owned since September 2003!

Starlight, at least on the MacBook Air, isn't gold but just a very muted metallic sand/champagne color? That might look sharp in real life too. I've never wanted a gold anything, ever, but this doesn't come across that way to me at all.

I know we can't make the same mistake we just got finished making (thinking the new Air would come in the iMac-like rainbow hues), so I wonder if the next iMac update, they go more understated/subdued? Maybe the rainbow colors was a one-year thing (the same way the jellybeans iMacs went from the fruit colors to Ruby, Sage and Indigo after a while).

I don't know if there's any blue to that Midnight. Is there? Some pics look like it is, but then some make it just look like a nice charcoal black...maybe not pure stealth black, but certainly a good bit darker than Space Grey. Real life shots will start to come out soon.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-06 at 14:22.