View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-06-19, 18:39

I’ve been taking the boys on bike rides 3-4 times a week on a cross country bike and it’s been beating up the tender bits. The bike is mostly sized right, maybe slightly aggressive with the bar reach, but no matter what I tried, I couldn’t get the seat right. It’s like the nose is pitched slightly up and there isn’t enough play in the forward tilt adjustment to level it out. Bad enough that it seems to me either the post or seat, or both, are slightly out of spec. Also, it’s probably just a bit narrow for me at the sit bones, which combined with the upward tilt, only exaggerated its, shall we say, “probing” qualities.

I started looking at new saddles right away when I came across a suspension seat post from Kinekt. I liked this one for the weight capacity, and rebound damping and preload adjustment, and generous seat tilt adjustment.

I can say that it works quite nicely. The seat is now pitched ever so slightly forward: the bar reach is suddenly better, and more importantly my balls aren’t getting batted around.

As an added benefit I’ve got is set to glide over expansion joints, sidewalk curb cuts, and gravel shoulders without bobbing up and down while pedalling.

Between cycling and walking I’ve lowered my resting heart rate by 8bpm. Haven’t lost a pound though.