View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2022-06-26, 10:35

My take as someone who's had an abortion is the same as it was earlier in this thread: I dare one of the pro-life folk to come to me and tell me the clump of baby cells in my womb that can't live outside me matters more than me, the currently living and thriving person.

Notice the people defending this decision refused to engage with me earlier in this thread and answer that.

I can't believe the fucking Supreme Court and the right wing think it's NOT okay for the government to intervene in what kinds of guns people possess (even though the guns are external items which a person can live without) but the government CAN intervene in the private medical decision inside my body.

I regret my spouse coming here to America. We're concerned they're going to go after gay marriage next, invalidate it, and potentially remove his ability to immigrate based on it :/

This level of gov't involvement in medical decisions also ties into their anti-transition laws, where it says what I can do as an adult is now aiming to be prevented. (The new laws aimed at taking way transition care for over-18s). At what point is every one of my prescripotions to be scrutinized, and I told I don't "need" that T or E? When is it "you're clearly using that progesterone for birth control and not for ovarian cysts like you said"?

I feel like all my rights to make decisions for myself that Christians don't agree with are being taken away. And it doesn't matter that I'm not Christian. Their belief in their book overrides my own faith, be it Jewish or Satanic or Islamic or Hindu or pagan or none. But then they claim we're at war with them.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder