Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-08-28, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
In the month that we've had this car, we've put about 600 miles on it and this thing has been such a delight. It's so fun to drive and much better on the gas than the Audi.

Only issue so far is that we're having to swap the car seat from car to car if we need to take the Audi with the little one. We're looking into smaller car seats for the Mini, but since every vehicle in the US is ginormous, the car seats are also ginormous. We may be able to get a European spec car seat that is designed for a smaller car. but we're having trouble finding those too at the moment.
Getting car seats the right size, that are actually safe to use, and the entire expiry date thing with them, makes buying them a struggle, or so I hear. Don’t envy you for dealing with that.

As for the Mini, just don’t keep it too long, typically they turn into junkers in 3-4 years with $10k+ per year repair jobs. Client had a Mini, that was his experience anyway. At least the Audi will only rust out in 5-8 years.

I figure 5 years will be max for my Ford Maverick, even if I’d like to get more out of it. It’s cheap for a reason, not that the $35k window sticker price (Cdn) for my build is cheap IMO. I don’t beat on my vehicles, so 8 years would be nice, but it is a Ford, and a modern vehicle, so I might be hoping for too much.