View Single Post
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-08-31, 10:44

I completely understand people who are conservative/traditional Republicans. I even find myself on board with some of the traditional conservative positions, however, the Republican Party as a whole has taken on a massive transformation in the last few years.

One of the biggest things I see is getting away from the small government mindset. Look at Florida for example. DeSantis is putting his fingers into so many tings and people are cheering him on for it.

The other thing that has come up, specifically regarding Trump, is defunding the FBI, which goes agains the whole "Back the Blue" line that republicans have taken on lately.

I just feel like Republicans let Trump push the party too far to the right and have gotten away from appealing themselves to the more moderate and centrist part of the voting base. In nearly every poll I've ever seen, the more people that vote, the less chance Republicans have at winning. That's because the most effective current Republican strategy is limiting the number of voters and gerrymandering the districts, which Democrats have also done in the last few years.

There are just so many things wrong with American politics.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.

Last edited by kieran : 2022-08-31 at 11:09.