View Single Post
Anonymous Coward

2022-08-31, 11:30

Having managed military classified documents before, it really does not matter whether or not the material has been declassified. Even the cover pages/binders are supposed to be treated the same as their original classification until appropriately defaced/shredded/burned.

Although former President Trump has been registered a Republican the longest, in the 2000s he was registered otherwise, including Democrat, so I believe that he being tied with the Republicans is stereotyping to energize the party line voters, mostly against but also for.

Assuming former President Trump ever had the time or background to digest the government/military documents in his possession of any classification, and is somehow able to avoid prosecution and sentencing, my naive political opinion is this:

Former President Trump should absolutely run for office again, but as a third party candidate. He can take his loyal followers of any affiliation with him. Of course, that should guarantee Democratic dominance in the next election, but is necessary to more clearly identify his support base and allow whatever is left of "Republican" to clarify their beliefs. I don't expect that will actually work, since apparently most voters are strict party line people and that would upset their sense of order.