View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-27, 23:17

Thanks for the context.

I hope that everyone has seen the "Start Wars" and "Stop Wars" AI photo sets that display a wildly, strangely dreamlike vintage take on the Star Wars film production.

Versions of Chewbacca that bend your brain because they DO kind of look like Chewie but look NOTHING LIKE HIM.

R2-D2s of all styles, many with AT-AT like legs.

Steampunk-ish versions of other characters.

Every new image is wilder than the next.

INSANELY addictive to view.

The kind of thing that we value when they spring from the minds of artists and jarring to encounter as a result of "steered chaos".

I would love to take a bunch of photos of Captain Drew and push them into a place where I could see him in a wild array of situations, but I do not have the time in my life to learn this level of technology and my ego isn't as big as his, to chase that down.

So I did stir and stir on one an architectural model in Midjourney, marveling at how it came together and FINALLY found one that was gorgeous enough that I paid for an account so that I could justify using it as a cover for a book that I didn't even have an outline for.... but it would be so cool.

Investment and interest in this technological arena is ONLY GOING TO GET LARGER.

It is marvelously fascinating, and I am sad that I am not able to just stop everything and pour myself into it.

Of course, in 10 years the AIs won't need my help anymore

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter