View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-10-04, 14:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
disappointed, not necessarily about the lack of a redesign, but the lack of a larger screen model/option.

4" screens are very nice and still compact enough.
I'm glad that Apple is taking the time to get a larger screen right, though. I'm sure they'll make a larger-screened iPhone eventually, but they're waiting so they can do it and have it be a significant upgrade that provides real benefits for users, and not just a blown-up screen.

It's just like what they've done with resolution. Other phones had long surpassed the pre-retina iPhones in resolution. Apple waited until they could quadruple the resolution. Looking back, would things have been better if Apple had just shoved a WVGA screen in the iPhone 3GS? No. That would have just made things messy. Screen size is the same way.

I'd rather they wait and be late to the big screen party than put out something like that rumored iPhone 5. I think the current iPhone is beautiful, and I'm glad they didn't fuck it up.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong