Thread: Wwdc 2022
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-06-05, 10:05

I'm hoping for advances to SwiftUI (it still feels more like a tech demo than something for big apps; then again, Microsoft's UI frameworks of late have been stuck in that state for years, too).

Maybe some cool new thing on the Watch. watchOS 8 was… iterative at best.

Also, pleaaaaaase bring back iOS 14's ability to do DnD except when unlocked. I'd love to set a separate focus for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
the parade of presenters who usually come across as though they’ve never spoken to a group larger than seven people.

These post-Steve keynotes can be a bit of a slog, and a chore to sit through.
Bit harsh but not wrong. I think they want to avoid having too much the Tech White Dude Sameness. They could have Craig do much of the presentation but it wouldn't be a good look diversity-wise. However, many of them sound like they came straight from Apple University Presentation 101, and the end result is something that's simply too formulaic. They seem a bit like what they remember Stevenotes to be like, not what they were actually like. He'd show far fewer things and instead display passion for those few things.

Also, maybe a notch fewer superlatives.