View Single Post
¡Damned!

2013-12-19, 21:36

I'm kinda holding off myself until the world gets sorted. CC is unbearable right now, and I'm hesitant to work on anything lest it gets reset.

Not sure what avenue we'll go, but I only see 3 options. Keep the current world and wipe CC, reboot CC from last Friday and regen around it with the current seed, reboot and regen around CC with a new seed.

I poked around a little bit a couple of days ago wondering what sexy biomes CC would overwrite from the current seed, and it's not much. To the W it wouldn't touch the mesa biome, so there'd be an ocean to ocean transition. To the N there's a Spruce biome that would be hit. To the S there's mesa, but it would *just* hit it. To the E there's lots of ocean, but a tall stone shore (or whatever they're called) would be impacted, plus some dark forest. Just replacing a lot of ocean with a lot of ocean from CC, basically, with some odd edges that we'd already expected.

Personally, I love the current seed, and the new biomes wouldn't be affected *that* much by wrapping it around CC. I expect we'll find a new home 4-5K away anyways, so I'm sure there's another ocean-front out there that can be settled (if that's the preference).

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-12-19 at 21:57.