View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-05-27, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Not that I don't trust Unsanity, but maybe their software actually adds new security holes?
Funny you mention this, but I take great effort to avoid Unsanity products and discourage others from using them because of the very way that haxies and anything that uses the APE framework work. Sure, Unsanity's developers make glorious claims about testing things thoroughly and how rare it is for people to have problems, but that doesn't change the fact that APE works the same way that extensions worked back in the Classic Mac OS days. APE uses unsupported procedures to violate protected memory, inject its own code into programs at launch time, and arbitrarily execute that code outside of the programs at any time. Please go back and reread that last sentence again.

If that isn't untrustworthy with regards to stability and security, I have no idea what is.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.