View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-02, 14:12

Optimist? Yes, trying to be. Although my "optimism" is mostly reserved for the offshoots. The Mandalorian is very good. Rogue One was awesome. There is hope for those things. Episode 9? It might be visually appealing and fun, but I doubt they have the capacity to do what needs to be done. The Star Wars "saga" is fast becoming a diversity zoo rather than a good, wholesome story of good vs. evil. It is losing what made it good to begin with. It was a story told for the sake of telling a story. Like a good bedtime book your parents read to you. It was built to entertain and make us dream. Episode 8, more than all others, was not built to entertain or make anyone dream. It was just a festival of crap built to sell penguin toys.

Tying Episode 7 to Episode 9 through Episode 8 is an impossible task—at least it is if they want to finish the saga with any kind of continuity. I don't think that can be done. I sincerely believe that there are only two paths—no more, no less. Path 1) They try to piece it all together but fail miserably because the canon timeline is now so thoroughly screwed up it has become a hopeless task. Path 2) Deviate and just retell Episode 6.

I'm guessing that the second option is the way forward. Polish the turd, be done with it, and head off to new Star Wars playgrounds.

By the way, Rian Johnson has signed on for three of those.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)