View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-09, 16:02

I'm guessing it's pointing to some sort of Sith Lightning sequence, where - wait for it - Palpatine is zapping Rey (because she won't join him) as Kylo stands by his side. Kylo eventually takes pity on Rey, realizes he's become a monster, yells "noooooooo", picks up Palpatine and throws him down a reactor shaft thingie, again, and killing himself in the process. On their way out, he'll ask Rey to help him take off his ultimately pointless emo/poser helmet (unlike Vader's, it provides no life support or enhanced sensory capabilities, so yeah...pointless and poser-y) so he can look on her with his own eyes.*

Because it rhymes.

Or...

Rey, Just Becauseā„¢, is suddenly, out of nowhere, blessed with Force Lightning abilities herself, and proceeds to take on the entire First Order, Palpatine, Snoke's ghost and whoever else shows up (Maul, bounty hunters, Hutts, Jawas, Greedo's grandson, Dooku's side piece, grouchy bartenders, etc.), single-handedly. And the entire third act of the thing is just her zapping the sauce out of people for about 45 minutes straight.

I can see either one of those scenarios playing out...

*I swear, if they do anything remotely close to that, my eyes will roll completely out of my head and I'll just have to pick them up off the floor, get up and leave. Sadly, you really can't even say the above in a joking/haha way because, deep down, part of you knows there's a solid 50/50 shot that's what J.J. has come up with.