View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-12-27, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Anything's better than that stupid little pea-sized ball that seems to stop working for everyone I know after approximately six months.

Anyone have a Mighty Mouse that's older than one year and the little scroll ball still works? Don't lie...be serious.

Mine crapped out on my in 2-3 agonizing stages, never recovering from the final one. Currently, two friends are experiencing the same thing. And I expect my Dad to encounter this come February or so...

Put a little round sensor there, the size of a marble or dime, that simply reads directional pressure (left, right, up, down and diagonals...just like the ball does, but without an actual ball that loves to stop working right when you get used to it and love using it).

No, I'm not bitter. Why?

Actually, I see Apple making the entire mouse-top (or at least the part you place your fingers) a sensor. (It already is...that's how it senses between left and right clicks. They would just need to make it more precise.)

Imagine that...a mouse you move around with no visible buttons or scroll wheels/balls. Just one solid oval...and technical wizardry does the rest. What could be more Apple?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

Last edited by Robo : 2007-12-27 at 00:59.