View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-10-16, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
Any possibility a new display will be announced? It's been over two years.
I was wondering that as well. Were you talking in terms of design or specs? Or both?

Design-wise, I can't see them changing too much because a) it's pretty nice and simple as it is, and echoes the iMac and makes for a nice "unified family" vibe, b) pairs so nicely with all the aluminum Macs that it's often used with (and with it's glossy black bezel and black Apple logo on the rear, it'll even look nice beside one of those new Mac Pros).

I know such silly, minor things aren't important to many users, but I also don't think Apple would go out of their way to make something look goofy/mismatched, or out-of-place, for no good reason. So right now, IMO, the design/appearance of the standalone display is firmly in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" territory.

But spec-wise, I suppose it could be due for something? But I don't really follow, or know about, displays enough to know what's considered "outdated" or what the new, desired goodies are.

I still think they should make a more affordable 21.5" or so version for all the Mac mini and MacBook Air/Pro owners out there who don't need the 27" (or its $999 price tag) for the things they do. A tricked-out 11" Air would pair nicely with that, I think (and probably easier to drive than the 27"...easier on the system?)

Seems they would've done by now, though.

Spec-wise, where is the current 27" Thunderbolt display lacking or coming up short? I don't know, I'm asking...

EDIT: Reading Matsu's post, triggered something. If there's some feature/tech these new Mac Pros support or allow, then I could maybe see Apple rolling out such a "Cadillac" display to pair with it, complete with a black, glossy design.

And then, yes...keep the 27" Thunderbolt around but maybe try and make it a little more affordable?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2013-10-16 at 12:32.