View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-09-04, 02:21

Is that a watch thing, I guess? That's not like Apple (or him). That's the kind of thing that can come back to bite you if it doesn't play out as you hope. Honestly, it kinda sounds like something Steve Ballmer would've said about some upcoming, nebulous (and destined-to-fail) Microsoft product.

He must feel pretty good about it all. I'm obviously missing something in all this, because this is the least interesting, exciting thing that's been rumored from Apple in all the years I've followed. I'm curious to see what it is, because there's no way it can just be the stuff we've speculated or assumed.

EDIT: upon further reading, I don't buy it. It's a "is reported to have said..." type of thing, from an anonymous source on the design team. Just doesn't ring true or legit to me. All these years, all these amazing products/designs, and never such talk (or rumors of such a brash statement). Unless that whole "understated humility" thing is a big put-on, I don't buy it.

Context is important. He could've said it, but while laughing and joking with his team, and not meant in any serious way. Something said in jest, but made to sound arrogant or brash if the "he was laughing, and obviously not being serious" part is left out.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2014-09-04 at 02:50.