View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-12, 18:52

I stopped by two local Office Depot stores today (the two locations nearest my house) and asked. One guy said they're expecting the iPod and accessories in by August, with the rest to follow and the guy at the other store was indeed aware of the stuff now being sold on their website, but didn't seem to know much beyond that, as far as stuff coming to the store itself. I asked them both what they've heard and their answers were, more or less, "rumblings from management".

Neither of the guys I talked to seemed to be particularly high up, so who knows. I tried looking around for a higher-up, manager type to ask...but couldn't find any and I really didn't see the need to do the whole "can I see your manager?" thing to ask them such a silly question.

I figure we'll know soon enough.

The first guy seemed somewhat sure of things, even mentioned "iPod docks" and "iPod mini" and "connector cables", unprodded. That's a good sign, I guess.

I hope they go all out and carry the full line and not just iPod stuff. Jeez, I can already get THAT at Best Buy, Circuit City and Target. What this town NEEDS is a place that sells the damn computers themselves!