View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-27, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Congrats dude!!! Go get some damn donuts!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Amazing work Ken! Good job!
Thanks, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I would like to get down to 170 or so.
Keep working at it. It's not easy.

The last two weeks I have been pushing 1000 calories/day M, W, Th, F. I've been trying to skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesdays because Tuesday is date night and I tend to splurge. Friday evening has been the hardest. After the work week I like to binge on the beerskies, but I've been limiting to 2. Saturday I skip lunch, and Sunday I eat when I'm hungry since I'm generally laboring about the house with chores and can get quite tired.

I really want to make my 165 goal, so I've been pushing hard through the week to keep my calorie deficit as low as I [un]comfortably can. I've decided to take Yontsey's advice and get me a donut, but not until I hit that 165 goal. Then I'm gonna have a celebration donut (or three ) and figure out how to get in a small one once per week as I work on gaining 10 pounds of muscle, which will require a calorie surplus. Looking forward to that stretch, because as long as I eat healthy I can pretty much fill my belly.

Still trying to figure out how to get 130 grams of protein/day for that bit, though.

Protein drink pre-workout = 22 grams
Ground beef/eggs post-workout = 20 grams
Salmon for lunch = 30 grams
Protein drink for snack = 22 grams
Chicken breast with dinner = 15 grams

Total = 109 grams.

Other random stuff in there might add 10-20 grams.

I used a muscle weight gain calculator and it says that I need 89 carbs, 124 protein, and 63 fat for a muscle-building stretch. Obviously it doesn't have to be exact, but getting anywhere close to those numbers means lots and lots of food!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)