View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-01-29, 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So what you all are saying is I should really focus on the "cut" phase right now to get where I actually want to be.
Keep working out but less strength training and more cardio activities.
Pretty much that, unfortunately. I haven't found any good recommendation on how long a cut vs bulk phase should be other than that they usually last at least a few months and otherwise it's up to you to decide how long you want to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I do weigh (almost) every day first thing in the morning wearing the same thing. While I do see what my weight is, I spend most of my time looking at my 1mo/6mo trend line because of the fluctuations in weight that are normal.
Exactly! I was about to suggest doing something just like this. That's what my wife and I do; we each weigh-in first thing in the morning before getting dressed.

If you can track it in an app that allows you to see a rolling average or trend line and if you can convince yourself not to obsess over daily fluctuations, the best way to track weight accurately is to use the scale every day at a consistent time in your routine. Then the average/trend will show a much truer representation of your "real" weight over time since it can even out the noisy highs and lows of water (and bowel, let's not forget! ) retention.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.