View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-08, 12:33

So, this morning I weighed in at 169.8. I don't even remember the last time I was under 170. Probably back in my mountain biking days, which would be 1994 or earlier. I mean, that's 26 years!

When I started this project I was 195, and my 5-year high was 198. Going from that starting point back in late March I'm down 25 pounds. Pretty happy about that, but I still have work to do.

On that note, I had ceased lifting back on January 14 in an unwise attempt to improve weight loss, which ultimately was a mistake. I should have kept lifting, but just cut my calorie intake by 10% or so. Instead, I actually lost ground as far as muscle conditioning is concerned. This morning I started lifting again and man did it hurt. Not only was it painful, but I had to step back the weight for several routines. Clearly, my muscles got weaker.

I consider this a lesson learned. If you're lifting and trying to lose weight cut out some carbs, but DO NOT STOP LIFTING! I think I misinterpreted a video I watched and only learned of it in the last week or so.

Anyway, I'm back at it, but with the same calorie intake I've been on for the last three weeks, excepting that I'll have some berries and a protein pancake before I lift. Even then, I'm beginning my workday with a calorie deficit of -101!

And boy am I hungry!

I have an updated schedule:

M/W/F

- Berries and protein pancake
- 1.5 hours of lifting, pushups, sit-ups, and crunches
- Oatmeal, vitamins, and a protein drink laced with cherry concentrate

T/TH

- 4 mile walk @ ~4mph ( )
- Oatmeal, vitamins, and a protein drink laced with cherry concentrate

The workout burns roughly 550 calories while I'm taking in about 450;

The walk burns roughly 270 calories while I'm taking in about 300.

That means I should have around -350 calories/week just from the exercise, even with food.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-02-08 at 15:23.