View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-03, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Freedom for you to impose your view on it maybe( especially if based on religion). How about those that disagree ( and again if religious view, don't share your religious beliefs)? Too bad suck it up and take the harm?

The difference is I am not here to change your view. You view abortion as wrong and murder? Fine that is your view and don't get an abortion. I do not view it as murder. I do not view it as birth control either. Abortion should be the last resort and the limit of viability ( unless of course it threatens the life of the mother) on it right now are more than reasonable. This issue is not something to put up on a vote for. Why? Because when life begins is matter of opinion and view, not fact. The choice of how you view abortion should be left to the individual, not the state. I do not see life beginning at conception. It's fine if you disagree with me. It's wrong for you to impose your view on me. I see this as we are losing our freedom here. The loss of individual choice.
Ah... but we live in a democracy. I'm not forcing my view on you any more than you can force your opinion on me! That is the whole point you are missing! The People are voting as they see fit and electing people who vote with their ideology and "morals" for lack of a better way to put it. If the state I live in allows abortions, then I hold nothing against those who do it. I can believe it is wrong and not judge you because you do. That is God's job, not mine.

I believe it is wrong to eat Brussels sprouts. REALLY wrong if you bath them in vinegar of some kind. I still love and adore Mrs T. I don't even judge her for such a sinful thing.

Really though, the joy in the opinion is that we get the right to choose. If you live in a place where you can vote then I would highly recommend you find someone who is running for office that will do things you would like done and press them to make legal change.

Legalizing pot is another example. I personally think it should not be legal. I'm not going to move somewhere that it is legal. I'm also not going to be mad at someone who lives where it is legal and partakes of it. If it becomes legal where I live, I'm just going to avoid it. I do not think the government should regulate it for the whole USA. Just like alcohol shouldn't be a federal level edict. States themselves should be able to properly represent their people within their borders. Larger as member of federal branches by election as well.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.