View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2022-05-03, 16:53

I think it is quite wild that he wouldn't move to a state simply because weed is legal there...... ( turtle, don't take this as a personal attack, I just find weird based on my own views).

That is far from my list of why I would want to move to Texas vs California or whatever. Heck I don't think it is anywhere on my list......

But it highlights the growing issue in the US...... Need to dig up the article, but read people are moving to states that align with their beliefs. People just want to move where they have an echo chamber. Where we view each other as the enemy simply because we share different views. They don't want to live in a democracy/republic, they want to live in a totalitarian state they agree with. They are christian? They want to live in a country that bases their laws on christian beliefs. They are conservative? they want a government run by conservatives. Liberal? Vice versa. There is no longer a desire to govern to represent all Americans. Just a desire to govern by their own beliefs, screw the other side. Feel like the country is regressing back to pre-Civil War era where our identity isn't as Americans, but whatever state we live in.

giggity