View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-05-04, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Key to all of this, really - it's not even about you, PB PM, taking it away from me, Capella. It's about the state deciding what I can and can't do with my body and my healthcare. Hell, I'll be the first to Godwin too, and point out that Nazi Germany used the power of the state to criminalize abortion and prevented whole groups of individuals from making their own medical decisions. Their rationale was also to support the primacy of the family and the importance of keeping babies alive, at the cost of turning the people carrying the baby into nothing but a walking incubator-chattel. The state shouldn't be allowed to forcibly sterilize me like it has done to so many Black, Hispanic, Indigenous, low-income women. It also shouldn't be allowed to force me to carry a child.
I used the I don’t have the right to take the choice away, as a round about way of saying I shouldn’t be able to vote about the matter, so it shouldn’t be in government hands anyway. It’s not something to be decided by any one group, or another, just the doctor and patient, just like any medical choice.

Now to play hardball, the government does make medical choices for us all the time, they regulate what drugs and medical procedures can and cannot be used all the time. Those decisions do limit our medical choices, but generally it is for our safety.

Edited because auto correct, as usual.

Last edited by PB PM : 2022-05-04 at 14:41.