View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2022-05-04, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Plainly, I'm not going to engage in every question or finger wagging in my direction. I take no offense, I'm just not going to delve in. I'm not ducking away, just not engaging in everything.
As far as I'm concerned I haven't engaged in finger-wagging until right now. I've been trying to ask you questions to get you to clarify your positions because I want to see on what factual grounds you justify things, and because I'm genuinely curious as to how you reconcile statements you've made in previous threads about issues like vaccines and death penalty, with the issue under discussion now, because your views appear to contradict themselves. I do want to understand why you think state intervention is okay in Situation X but not Situation Y. I ask these questions because I can't understand what people on the "other side" are thinking if I don't ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I have already invested more time in this thread than I really should have to be frank.
This is my finger-wagging:

Same here, but the reason I'm investing my time and energy is because these are rights to my body going away. When you come in acting happy as hell my rights are being stripped away from me, and then talk about how you're just trying to be factual and not engage in "finger wagging", and make it seem like you're the better person because you're not getting emotional about it, it pisses me off. You can afford to not get emotionally engaged one way or another - these decisions will never cost you what they cost me. You will never be forced by the state to carry an unwanted life in your body. For you, this is a thought exercise in morality of murder or in how systems work at best and you can sit back and talk about 'facts' and 'without emotion' and 'why things should be left to the state'. For me, this is my control over my own physical personhood being threatened. It can't be cold and unemotionally talked about because it's my very autonomy over my body, and I have tried over and over to get advocates like you to sit and genuinely think about what you'd be doing if the state was in control over your body, and the only thing I can think of is that either:

a: it doesn't matter to you if someone else's bodily autonomy is violated, so long as yours isn't at risk of it ("I can't get pregnant so it doesn't matter to meeeee ~" - "but also Fuck You if you think I'm gonna be forced by the state into some Ex-peri-MENTAL vaccine")

b: you genuinely think in a contest between a fetus and the person carrying it, the fetus' life matters more and the person carrying it is now dedicated 100% to being an incubator. in which case, just fucking admit that one.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder