View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-04, 13:13

This show is still on fire.

It's not just a great Star Wars series. (In fact, it's maybe some of the best Star Wars.)

It's a great series. You probably don't need to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy this. It's positively dripping with tension and drama, and (very small barely a spoiler)
Spoiler (click to toggle):
none of it has anything to do with Jedis or the Force. GTFO of here, Skywalkers!
Obviously the series is set in the Star Wars universe and looks and feels like it's between the prequels and the original trilogy, and it probably helps to recognize some of the names, but much like The Mandalorian season 1, it doesn't require any of that knowledge to tell a captivating story.

There are very few changes I would make to this show. A droid plays some comic relief in the first episode, which I was afraid was going to be some stupid running gag, but thankfully that was just a one-and-done before moving on. I'd cut that, but honestly, that's the only thing that comes to mind. I'm not going to spoiler-tag that.

Somehow I assumed this was only an 8-episode run. So many series these days have weird short seasons. 6 of this, 8 of those, 10 of that. So, I was excited to learn a couple weeks ago that Andor has 12 episodes, and we have three more left.

Season 2 was already publicly confirmed and announced months ago. So, we're sure to end this one on a big cliffhanger. I hope this season provides some tangible resolutions, at least.

If you haven't started watching Andor yet, I'd highly recommend it to just about anyone.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.