View Single Post
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2010-10-28, 15:19

I was looking at this in addition to the 18-55 kit. Unfortunately I'll probably have to get this at Best Buy where I don't think I can buy it body-only, so I'd have to get the kit. I'll check into it though.

Oh, the reviews on this one are pretty good.

So you think the T2i is a good call? 60D body only costs more than the T2i with kit plus that 55-250 combined. Sensors are identical. I'm not a pro, but I've been getting consistently better and would like to get more serious about it. Just can't do that with my SX100. Full manual and good zoom but the sensor is tiny. High ISO performance is all kinds of crap. I would be dubious about trying Nikon considering I've literally never used one.

I'm glad to see SLR's are seemingly all (except maybe the highest end ones) using SD cards now. Used to all use CF cards, so I'm glad to see that's changed.

Edit: I guess my remaining concern is that I'll end up not liking the video mode in place of a dedicated camcorder, and my insistence on getting one with a mic line-in boxed me into something that's not as good for photos as it could be. I have a friend that's pretty happy with his new D3100. I'm just not sure. That and the T2i might be replaced by a T3i or something else over the winter, since it was announced in Feb of this year.

*sigh* I hate making purchasing decisions for stuff like this... lol.

Last edited by PKIDelirium : 2010-10-28 at 16:09.