View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-23, 00:02

So far, things in Idaho are pretty good. Can't find TP anywhere, and the bastards ate all the flour! Plenty of cat food, though.

Otherwise, cases of COVID have been light thus far, but watching the rest of the planet, It would be unreasonable to think it will remain that way. Family is good. My daughter was student teaching in her final semester of her elementary education degree, but now a lot is up in the air. She's taking it in stride and trying to remain upbeat while her university looks for its ass. Wife is chipper and knows it will all be okay. Wants us to shut the hell up and talk about something else!

Just finished my remodel project in a one-horse town about an hour south of Boise. Literally, I finished it today! We stood to double our investment riding on the wild housing market here, but now—lé sigh! Who knows?

Our shop is remaining open until the gubmint says we can't, and a lot of people are happy about that. The Apple Stores won't even let people pick up their repairs, but we're still ticking. We had two guys who went to some music fest in San Diego two weekends ago, just as event cancellations were starting. Those things are already disease infested smut-fests, and then you go and throw in this mess. One of them got home and immediately came down with a fever, but seems it was just flu. But, as I've said, you can't cough in this town without people looking at you weird, and there are only 47 cases in the entire state*. People are on edge!

And what the hell is up with Italy?

*Boise has closed all restaurants to dine-in, and a crap-ton of layoffs are happening. We expect the city to shutter up tight at any moment.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)